Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Ashlynn Bug





My heart is so full this day. I can’t believe that Ashlynn is 2. It seems like just yesterday at this time I was in the hospital holding a bundle of joy and now I am getting ready for a birthday party. I can’t begin to explain the joy and fullness Ashlynn has brought to my life. When I think of her the words pure joy, delight, kindness, happiness and giggles come to my mind. Ashlynn is such a doll. She touches everyone’s heart. She is such a smart little girl. She remembers things after only hearing them once, she can repeat everything we say including words like Mississippi, hippopotamus, we are still working on Mary Poppin’s famous line-haha, I shouldn’t make her say what I can’t spell. Ashlynn is able to speak in sentences, complete lines in books, tell stories, sing nursery rhymes, say her ABC’s, count to 10. I am so proud of her. She has a sweet disposition. She loves to be outside. She is truly a princess. She is a great big sister. She is fast to comfort her brother when he cries saying, “Don’t cry Huddy” or “Happy Hummus.” She loves to sing to Hudson and tell him the story of the three little pigs. Ashlynn loves the water. She loves a bath, loves to do the dishes, is obsessed with washing her hands, loves to dump soap into the washes, etc. Ashlynn has recently started saying, “I love you Mommy and Daddad and Hummus.” This is my favorite thing of late. Ashlynn loves to help in “Mommy’s kitchen.” She would bake cookies, sweep and do dishes all day if I let her. She will be such a great wife and mommy someday☺ I love you my precious little bug.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ashlynn! she sounds like such a sweet heart. I love that she is such a big helper. Isnt it so fun when they want to help clean. Her cake last year looks amazing. Did you make it? Hope you guys have a great day!

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

SHe is a doll. Wow faith is just barely talking in sentences and she can't count to 10 yet and she is 2 and 1/2. Your cake is darling, did you make it???? I guess I am behind on the Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, what do you bake yours on, and how long. Thanks Dez!!!

Dez said...

I do decorate the cakes. It is fun but takes me forever. I'm getting a little better and faster with practice. I just bake the cookies at whatever temp the cake mix says on the box and then just until they are done. I'm not sure how long depends on how big you make them because they are pretty sticky. I just cook them until the bottoms are done.

Emily K. said...

I didn't realize she wasn't 2 yet! You have your hands full, don't you? It's good to have a little helper around the house. Boys are always fun, but you just can't enough of little girly girls. She is adorable!

Aurie Jenkins said...

she is a sweetie and totally cute too! What fun times! We will try to be there for the party. She is a smart little girl too, what fun times you must have with her. :O)

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

so sweet! love the vday pics! you look great.