Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Advice Anyone


So I've kind of half heartedly started potty training Ashlynn. Any useful advice would be greatly appreciated. I have no clue what on earth I am doing.

9 comments:

Janille said...

All I can say is good luck! It took me over a year with Madi, then Maleea trained herself. It was BEAUTIFUL! When they are ready, they are ready. I have learned to not force the issue. Just always have the potty visable and be VERY positive! Going camando (no panties or pull-ups) worked good for my girls too.

Tara said...

I tried a couple of times with Kaitlyn with no luck(it only lasted half a day each time). I tried again around 2 1/2 and it only took me 2 days. She was ready. I had gotten some good advice from my sister. Instead of giving her candy when she pees in the potty (which is only handful times a day), set the timer and every 20 minutes that she is dry she gets a candy. (KK's candy was only a M&M so it wasn't too much candy for one day) It helped her become more aware if she has to pee cause she hears the timer every 20 minutes and she got rewarded for being dry. They say it helps to focus on the good which is her being dry. I am sure every kid is different so we will have to wait and see if it works with Aidan. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

WOW!! I am impressed! Carter was difficult so I don't know if I could be of any help. All I can say is that bribery was my best friend :)

Aurie Jenkins said...

We gave landon one mnm if he peed and 2 if he pooped. We just had to let him run around with just undie or nothing on and he would figure out he needed to go. We tried one time and it was to no avail and then we tried again a few months later and he took to it right away. Taras idea is great too

Jenni said...

First, I have to say your family is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all of the photos you have posted recently. I just came home from visiting my family in WY, so I haven't been up to date with all the blogging.

I loved your "random" blog. I learned a lot of new things about you and that was fun.
Anyway, good luck with the potty training. We've tried a couple of times with Caleb but he still isn't quite ready. Maybe we'll try again with some of the ideas your friends posted. That was nice.

Emily K. said...

I agree to not get discouraged if it doesn't work right away. You will know when she is ready, because it will actually go pretty smoothly when she is. My one advice would be when you get really serious about it, ditch the potty chair, because they get so used to that, that they won't go in the regular potty, or when you're out running errands. We did the timer every 20 minutes, give them a lot of their favorite thing to drink all day, and praise, and reward. Tay was almost 3, and Rohne was 2 & 1/2. She helped him do it more than I did.

Elsha Gubler said...

This is my least favorite thing about being a mom... I wish I had some good tips! We are the worst friends ever - I have told Trek at least 5 times that we need to get a gift down to you guys. I want to see Hudson so bad - he looks so dang cute in your pictures. I love your family pictures - looks like things are going great for you guys, I'm so glad!!!

Hickman Fam said...

Your family is sooo cute. I love your baby! We really need to get together soon. Also- potty trianing sucks, but so nice when you are done. I have a potty training e-book someone sent me, that I used on Bo and it actually worked with just a little regression. I will have to get your e-mail and I send it to you. Good Luck.

Kellyn said...

Everyone is lookin' good! Taylor was potty trained right after her 2nd birthday and I am so glad I worked with her on it! AWESOME not having to buy diapers!