Friday, January 27, 2012

2011

So I attempted trying to "catch up" on my lack of blogging skills after recently being re-motivated to continue this blog/family journal. My pictures were taking FOREVER to upload and I started feeling slightly/very frustrated. So....I decided to recap 2011 in words, feel sad that I don't have pictures posted and start anew in January!! So here we go......2011
January-Our friends Natalie and Eric came and spend New Year's with us. I spent most of the rest of January in St. George. Grandma Sorenson was in the hospital in critical condition and I attempted to help the family by being the go between between the doctors and the family.
February: February 2nd Grandma Sorenson passed away. It was very hard and sad for all of us. She is an amazing person. She taught me a lot of things, but I think one of her greatest lessons she taught me was that of charity. My goal is to take everyone in need that I know of that is in someway hurting, healing, or just needs a boost dinner. Dinner and food go a long way in my opinion. Celebrated Ashlynn's 4th birthday with a princess party.
March: In March we went to Disney on Ice.
April:Started out great. Barry and I went to George Straight and Reba McIntire concert and spent the weekend with our friends the Hafens. My parents took the kids for the weekend. We also went to the Sunday morning session of conference. We then went to St. George for Spring Break. Ashlynn was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes while we were there. I had been suspecting the condition for a little while. Luckily, we were able to get her help and treated before her situation worsened. It is still a little difficult for me to talk about and deal with, but we are doing better. I worry about her daily. BUT I know that the Lord is helping me and watching over her and I know our situation could be worse. I have to hold onto those things. It is what helps me get through. Our friends and family were wonderful to help us with the transition. I spent the month of April in St. Geroge so I could be close to medical care while I adjusted. I don't really feel like telling more of this story right now. Maybe sometime, but not now. It is difficult to talk about sometimes, hard to admit your child has a life threatening disease, etc. Whittney's friend Michelle dressed up like Rapunzel and spent the evening with Ashlynn. She told Ashlynn that she has diabetes too and it was a special time for Ashlynn. Rapunzel is still her favorite princess. We celebrated Easter in St. George.
May: We went to Wyoming for Brenden's Highschool Graduation
June: Hudson got tubes in his ears
July: We went to California on the Annual Sorenson Family Vacation. We went to Lego Land, Sea World, The Beach, Angel's Game, etc. Year anniversary of owning the practice
August: Barry and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. I am so lucky to have him in my life. We went to the cabin on Cedar Mtn. for our Kesterson Family Reunion. We went to Reno for a Reno Aces baseball game. It was incredible. It was a family event for kids with Diabetes. Ashlynn and Hudson got to go down on the field and play catch with their dad.
September: Brenden came to live with us to go to school. Whittney came for a visit
October: Halloween, Ashlynn was a Butterfly Fairy Princess, Hudson was a football player, Barry and I were pirates. We held the Craft for the Cure, Corissa came and helped me. A craft event to raise money and awareness for diabetes. We raised $3,000. We participated in the Walk for the Cure in Reno. We dressed up as pirates. Barry, Hudson, Ashlynn, I, Aunt Jean, Brenden, Todd, Doug and Rosie walked with us.
November: My 31st birthday, Thanksgiving in St. George, Black Friday shopping with my sisters.
December: Went to the NFR, stayed at Todd's house, visited Grandma Lorna for the last time, Hudson's 3rd birthday with Breakfast with Santa, Christmas at my parents, Ugly sweater party, sledding.

No comments: