My pictures are not loading-I will try to post them later:(Its been awhile since I have posted anything onto our blog due to a whirlwind of events. I will try to recap and give the cliff notes version of what's been going on and show some pictures. Right before graduation Barry's Grandpa Gentry passed away. Barry and I had many mixed feelings going into graduation weekend. We were thrilled beyond measure with Barry's accomplishment of graduating but also felt very sad and felt rather guilty for celebrating when we had just experienced a loss. With encouragement from Barry's grandma and parents we celebrated graduation on Friday and Saturday and then headed to St. George for the funeral services on Monday and Tuesday. The following Saturday we returned to St. George for a going away party at Veyo pool with some of our dear friends whom we love and will miss very much. Sunday was Barry's Grandma Sorenson's 84th birthday party. Sunday night we returned to Vegas. That night Barry began to complain of a stomach ache, we thought at first he had eaten to much butter and cream at Grandma Sorenson's:) Monday morning I insisted that we go to the hospital. Sure enough Acute Appendicitis. Barry had his appendix removed that day. Wednesday I headed back to Vegas alone-I left Barry to recoup he was not supposed to lift and the kids would have been way to much help- to pack up our house because we were supposed to move on Friday to Idaho. I was greeted with some of my wonderful friends in Las Vegas who were there with willing hands and helped me pack up. That afternoon my dad arrived and Todd and we finished packing and cleaning. Thursday my Aunt Jean and I started making our way to Idaho with the kids. We stayed in Provo the first night and then we met my family at the Zoo. Meanwhile, our strong men family and friends loaded up the moving truck and headed to Idaho. They arrived at the house and started unloading. I was greeted to my new home with all of the furniture and boxes in and food in the cupboards and fridge. My mom, sister and Aunt Jean helped me unpack and put stuff away. Barry flew to Idaho on Tuesday with his mom who stayed with us for a week to help us. Thank you so much everyone I do not know what we would do without such wonderful family and friends. You mean so much to us and we love you all! We are doing well in Idaho. Barry has started seeing patients! I got a job today and I will be working on Tuesday mornings and Wednesdays doing some home health. Ashlynn has had a difficult time with the move and keeps asking to go home. Hudson is doing awesome! He cut his first tooth today!!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
When Life's Trials
My pictures are not loading-I will try to post them later:(Its been awhile since I have posted anything onto our blog due to a whirlwind of events. I will try to recap and give the cliff notes version of what's been going on and show some pictures. Right before graduation Barry's Grandpa Gentry passed away. Barry and I had many mixed feelings going into graduation weekend. We were thrilled beyond measure with Barry's accomplishment of graduating but also felt very sad and felt rather guilty for celebrating when we had just experienced a loss. With encouragement from Barry's grandma and parents we celebrated graduation on Friday and Saturday and then headed to St. George for the funeral services on Monday and Tuesday. The following Saturday we returned to St. George for a going away party at Veyo pool with some of our dear friends whom we love and will miss very much. Sunday was Barry's Grandma Sorenson's 84th birthday party. Sunday night we returned to Vegas. That night Barry began to complain of a stomach ache, we thought at first he had eaten to much butter and cream at Grandma Sorenson's:) Monday morning I insisted that we go to the hospital. Sure enough Acute Appendicitis. Barry had his appendix removed that day. Wednesday I headed back to Vegas alone-I left Barry to recoup he was not supposed to lift and the kids would have been way to much help- to pack up our house because we were supposed to move on Friday to Idaho. I was greeted with some of my wonderful friends in Las Vegas who were there with willing hands and helped me pack up. That afternoon my dad arrived and Todd and we finished packing and cleaning. Thursday my Aunt Jean and I started making our way to Idaho with the kids. We stayed in Provo the first night and then we met my family at the Zoo. Meanwhile, our strong men family and friends loaded up the moving truck and headed to Idaho. They arrived at the house and started unloading. I was greeted to my new home with all of the furniture and boxes in and food in the cupboards and fridge. My mom, sister and Aunt Jean helped me unpack and put stuff away. Barry flew to Idaho on Tuesday with his mom who stayed with us for a week to help us. Thank you so much everyone I do not know what we would do without such wonderful family and friends. You mean so much to us and we love you all! We are doing well in Idaho. Barry has started seeing patients! I got a job today and I will be working on Tuesday mornings and Wednesdays doing some home health. Ashlynn has had a difficult time with the move and keeps asking to go home. Hudson is doing awesome! He cut his first tooth today!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
things are looking up!
Gosh, what a whirlwind!! When it rains, it pours. That's what I've always learned. Good luck on your new adventure. I'm sure it will be great.
dez! i had no idea you were moving! i've been a little out of it for the past couple months! so sorry i wasn't around to help and say goodbye :( -- but good luck to you guys and congratulations!
Post a Comment