Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A feeling of gratitude

My heart is really full today as I sit and recognize all that I am blessed with in my life. I'm not talking about the obvious things like a wonderful husband, cute kids, a roof over my head and food to eat, which are a huge blessing in my life but the things that others do for me that may seem minimal to them at the time but are astronomical to me right now. For example, I just called the surgeon's office that took out Barry's appendix to ask them a question about the bill that I owe them, the response, "Oh sorry honey you weren't supposed to receive that bill Dr. William's is taking care of it." Thank you Dr. William's what a huge blessing-you have no idea. Or the fact that Barry is so blessed to be working with Dr. Adamson who is one of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever met. He is so willing to provide Barry with the equipment and monetary means that are helping us right now. Or the fact that we have wonderful families who are always buying our kids clothes, toys, diapers, treats or slipping us a little cash. Or how about the fact that I thought I cancelled my supplemental insurance but didn't-maybe losing brain cells through pregnancy isn't so bad all the time. There are many other examples that I did not list. Thank you so much. We are so blessed and I am grateful for you. I know that the Lord hears and answers my prayers.

4 comments:

Candy said...

that is awesome dez! those are all huge blessings! thanks for sharing.

Carr Family said...

You guys are the coolest. You deserve all the blessings that come your way.

Janille said...

Isn't it great how things just some how work out! I have been feeling some huge blessings myself! THANKS FOR SHARING!

Amanda XOX said...

I'm grateful for this post as well! Sometimes the little things prove to be monumental. Hang in there!